Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Quote du Jour: All and Everything

X
[Solovyov's] goal was the full reconciliation of the divine and the human--or spirit and matter, male and female--not through a motley, syncretic accumulation of beliefs or a crude dualism that privileged either the material world or the world of spirits, but through a triadic and ultimately mystical operation of faith. Sophia provided him with the third element to effect this interpenetration.
xxxx~ Divine Sophia - the Wisdom Writings of Vladimir Solovyov, Judith Deutsch Kornblatt
X

5 comments:

SINVILLE said...

I am still contemplating Jung and now you have added Solovyov's philosophy to the mix! Ok, this is tied in with the theme of your drawing but I did find this quote interesting: "...as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence..." I feel like I am surveying a class!

Rodak said...

My blog is meant to instruct and delight.

Eliza Doolittle said...

Yes, Professor Higgins ;-)

Rodak said...

Was actually citing Aristotle, who in turn was citing Horace, I believe...

SINVILLE said...

You were supposed to laugh!