Monday, December 21, 2009

Reflections: Drop Out

X
John Q. Public
X

The fix remains solidly in. Washington is, indeed, a parliament of whores.

The thing to do--as it always has been--is to drop out of the system. Stop supporting it with your cooperation and participation and allow the universal lack of response to the lies, disinformation, and false propaganda to throw a spotlight on the venality, greed, thievery and brutal amorality of the corporate class and their political parrots and butt-boys.

Once again, the people have spoken and their elected "representatives" have collectively shot them the bird.

Shoot back. Stay home next November, keep your money in your pocket, and post your outrage on the internet.

X

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh ... always the elitist! (like I'm one to talk -lol)

As for the art, reminds me of a pre-Quentin Blake illustration for a Roald Dahl book, like a character out of "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator."

--MS

Civis said...

I'm with you. I don't know if it will send a message and if it does send a message I'm not sure it would register, but I just feel like it's pointless.

However it is done, politicians get benefits from various interests (business, financial, from foreign governments, and in turn set up legislation that benefits that interest. A lot of this is written off as government stupidity, but when you look closely you see that the seemingly nonsensical things they do, almost always benefit someone (though sometimes it is just plain stupidity). I think these same interests have their fingers in the media as well, so they can offer cover for the politicians.

I guess I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I think that's the way it works and it's not really that hard to see except that everybody is caught up in the zombie trance of mass media, 24 hour news, entertainment gossip, materialism and living comfortably, etc.

It's well known that the mafia has done this sort of thing since forever: bribe the politician and provide him with media cover and you can get away with all kinds of things that would otherwise not be tolerated by the public.

Rodak said...

I believe that they very much want us to believe that it's "stupidity" rather than "cupidity" that drives the corruption. That way, once they're caught, they can plausibly plead ignorance and even attempt to evoke the sympathy of their constituents.
I failed to vote in November for the first time since I turned 21, and I don't feel the least bit guilty. I've had it.