Sunday, September 7, 2008

Reflections: Sarah's a-Palin' Fast

It's Sunday morning, and instead of having booked Sarah Palin on the Sunday morning talk shows, so she could meet the press to demonstrate the appropriateness of McCain's choice, we are rather being subjected to the smoke screen of a faux-controversy about Oprah's failure to book Palin on her show. "Show" is the operative word here, boyz and grrrls: It becomes increasingly obvious that Ms. Palin is 90% show-biz. The remainder may be substance. Who knows? She won't say.

The name of Ms. Palin's act is:

How Johnny Mac Got His Mojo Back

It becomes increasingly obvious that exposing her knowledge base to the serious press would be a disqualifier. Clearly, she was chosen to cement the GOP base as a bonafide Holier-than-thou paleo-conservative Bible-babe. This translates in the vernacular as:

Mo'-Ho-Than-Joe.

May I have your attention, please: The Straight Talk Express will be making a scheduled stop at Jo'nestown, where the herd may enjoy a kool liquid refreshment, while the driver stretches his new-found legs, and the shepherds replace the batteries in their prods/crooks. Sweets fo' my peeps!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rodak,

You need to spend some time learning about Sarah Palin as I did. She is a Real Person. No show, just grit and willingness to fight the liberal PC crap. I predict she will do well.

Gondis

Rodak said...

You need to spend some time learning about Sarah Palin as I did.

I would love to have some information by which to measure how well she might do in the White House, if need be.
Her record in Alaska is not sufficient, and that's all we have to study, as she ducks any hard questioning by the press.
On a personal level, I found her acceptance speech to be heavy on snark and low on substance.
I may be in the minority in not having been all ga-ga over that performance, but there's no disputing taste, so they say...

Keesey said...

First flag for me is people, like Gondis, who start sentences with "you need." I need food else I will die. I need shelter else I will freeze. I need one specific creature comfort else I will be unbearable to be around. To "need" to know more about Palin or any other politician is a need that would wholly go unfulfilled as we will only know what they want us to know, the majority of which is BS on both the left and right. None of these people are real but rather puppets of their greater parties. You want someone real, someone you "know"? You need to write yourself in on the ballot.

Rodak said...

Hey, Keesey. Thanks for dropping by. It's gotten even worse with this Lipstickgate crapola since I put this post up. What's the country come to? I was never this pessimistic in the '60s.