Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quote du Jour: What Is Truth?

X
It is my unsolicited testimonial that “Gloria”, written and sung by Van Morrison as the leader of the band Them in 1964, is a better little rocker than any of the Beatles’ little rockers. But don’t just take my word for it—ask Patti Smith.

That said, one must then give it serious consideration when Morrison is quoted in the March 9, 2009 issue of The New Yorker (Drive-By Dept. - “Listening Party”) as saying:

THE BEATLES WERE PERIPHERAL.

Hari Krishna, Batman! Revisionism? Or the truth at last?
X

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peripheral to what? The center? The center of a tootsie pop? How many licks does it take Sir McCartney?
Music is a dicey thing at best Rob. At least with a good chef's knife.
Some touch us some don't, just like certain catholic priests. I really liked Ozzy Osbourne back in the day.
Its cool if you don't dig it. It's cool if you do dig it. You dig?

Rodak said...

If Van said they were peripheral, that settles it for me. Van knows.
I'm sorry to hear about the Osbourne thing, though. I hope you feel better now.

Anonymous said...

Van also said the caravan was on its way. That he heard the merry gypsies play. I have yet to see the caravan or hear any gypsies play.
Not everyone can be trusted.
Surely some can be trusted.
I can be trusted but don't call me Shirley.
My logic is unassailable here but I am not sure I spelled unassailable correctly. This should have spell check.

Rodak said...

I have yet to see the caravan or hear any gypsies play.

You must be sniffing the wrong brand of glue, dude.